Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Connetquot State Park Trip

So I finally made it out to Connetquot. It took me forever to find time and motivation to go out there, and honestly, I should have waited. Sheesh was it Humid! I wore pants thinking water, has a nice breeze....Nope. Totally wrong call on that one. On any other day I'd have really liked this place, as it had a beautiful lake, a large trail system, and plenty of wildlife. Well, not that I saw, but signs pretty much everywhere told me I should have been able to see Deer, Foxes, Owls, Hawks, and other animals. Oh well, I got to see a turtle and some Swans. 


A view of the lake.

I thought this was cool, at a few spots there was a dock for fishing, but you need a permit.

I liked all of the different winding and rivers that this lake made.

One of the very few flowers I actually saw that day.

This can pretty much sum up my day- An endless road or trails and a heck of a lot of walking down it!

Every now and then there were fields of tall grass that I was specifically told not to go in. Mostly because of deer ticks, but also because of the preserved bird sanctuaries.

I liked this area because it wasn't as wide and allowed the trees to grow over the water.

This was as close to the water I could get without stepping into mud.

One of the only buildings in the park, I want to come back here when there's an event or at least in the cooler weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment