Thursday, August 29, 2013

Bellport Docks

Decided to head to Bellport to take photos for a contest. The contest called for two photos, in Bellport, that show a summer theme. Well I'm not really sure what that means, but here are the two I'm submitting anyway:

I realized that really every other shot I took either was focused on the Sun effects, or the subject was either too far away or blurry (See below with the Sail boat pictures)

This one I'm most proud of. I got the Gazebo in there, but it doesn't steal the show. I've got a focus all over- I have the choppy water in the lower section, the silhoutted tree line along with the glare from the sun in the center, and the clouds getting hit by the sunlight in the upper area in the sky.

These are all of the other pictures I took today. I tried to rush back to Belmont Lake again to get the golden sky picture again, but I didn't make it in time. I did get some horizon shots and the same Swan family of 6 children were there again too.


I think I did this all wrong, not enough detail in the center.

Everything came out blurry. Sucks, because I liked the sun rays in this one.

I just didn't like this one AS MUCH as the other one.
No explanation necessary.

I tried to get the branches in this one.


The Swan Family

This is what the main character of "The Ugly Duckling" looked like.

My camera's shutter slowed for this one, but I did get the duck grooming itself!

Two regular ducks

Spider made a web inside the NO SWIMMING sign.



Sailboat in Bellport

Not sure what's wrong with me. I really have no excuse for the bad angle, unless you want to believe "I don't believe in the wind pushing boats, so I made it look like the water was tilted so the boat kinda falls down the incline."

And if you believe that, then this one is really booking it down that incline!


Gazebo at the Bellport Docks

I liked the reflection it made on the water

See? The sailboat is too far away...

I got a more focused shot, but there's not much activity in the picture otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment